A small closet can be very frustrating, but it does not have to be. There are lots of little tricks and tips that you can use to get as much space out of your small closet as possible. Continue reading to find out some easy organization tips for your small closet.
– Hooks are your best friend – The first thing you need to do is to get your hands on some hooks. Hooks are your best friend (or your closet’s best friend!) If you see any wall space that is not covered by clothes, this indicates that you should put a hook there. Or, even better, why not put a whole rack of hooks up? This is a great way to ensure that you are not wasting any space in your closet. Plus, you can use hooks for pretty much anything. They are great for clothes, but they also work well for purses, belts, and jewelry too.
– Stack your shoes – You can turn the bottom of your closet into a bit of a shoe condo, with a multi-story shoe storage solution. There are lots of great pieces of inspiration on Instagram and Pinterest for this.
– Use the closet door – You should also make sure that you are using the space on your closet door. This is usually part of the closet that is never used. However, it is a great place for you to store your jewelry or accessories like this. There are a lot of cheap jewelry hangers that are specifically designed for this.
– Purchase an extender rod – An extender rod is effectively going to enable you to double your hanging space, meaning you can get twice as many clothes in there.
– Purchase some shelf baskets – You can double your shelf space too by purchasing some shelf baskets. Shelf baskets can be fixed to the bottom of your shelves so that you have some space there. They tend to be used in kitchens for coffee cups and such like. However, they can be great in closets for accessories and clothes, unless you fancy storing your coffee mugs in your bedroom!
– Use shelf dividers – Not only can you ensure you hang your clothes more efficiently, but you can make sure they are stored on the shelves as neatly and effectively as possible too. It can be incredibly frustrating when your sweaters and shirts fall on top of each other, can’t it? However, you can make sure this does not happen anymore with some handy shelf dividers. They don’t cost a lot and they will make sure you can store all your jumpers, T-shirts, and such as properly, as well as being able to stack your purses and bags upright too.
So, there you have it: if you are struggling to fit all your clothes in your closet, use the tips above and see if they make a difference. You may be surprised by just how much use you can get out of your small closet and here at closet possible, we can turn your small closet into a custom wardrobe closet in Somerset County NJ. To show you exactly how to make the most out of the space you have.