Top 5 Reasons to Organize Your Closet
One of the main challenges to organizing your closet comes from the most basic feature of the closet itself: the door. At the risk of stating the obvious, most closets have doors, and once closed, the mess that’s behind them magically vanishes. Out of sight, out of mind. That is, until the next time you open those doors, and then there it is again. It won’t go away until you do something about it.
Rather than think of it as an unpleasant task, think of what you will enjoy once you either get organized yourself or finally get that custom organization solution you’ve always dreamed about. To give you a little motivation and inspiration, here are our top 5 reasons to organize your closet.
- Fit More In – While it is a good idea to occasionally cull your belongings, if you are not quite ready to trim down that sweater collection, then a new organization system will help you fit more into the same space. Thoughtful design and some simple features customized to your needs can go a long way in creating more space where you thought there was none.
- Easy is Better – Unless you live at the beach in your swimsuit and sandals, you probably have to get dressed in the morning. A well-organized closet makes that a whole lot easier. If your sweaters are in their usual storage area, your pants in theirs, your dresses in theirs, your undergarments, belts, ties, scarves etc., – all in their usual spots – think of how much easier getting ready for work will be.
- Less Stress – Who among us wants more stress in their lives? There’s enough to go around these days, so why not do what you can to relieve a little stress where possible. Your closet and storage solutions are a great place to start and it does not require a complete overhaul of your life. Maybe you can’t change your job, your kids, or your spouse, but you can change your closets! And better organized closets equal less stress. Plain and simple.
- Find it Fast – Sometimes you might need to find something – fast! Maybe you’re late for the train, or your ride share is honking the horn outside, or your kids need a hat and gloves and the school bus is here. If you know where it is before you even open your closet, then no problems. But if you have to go digging for it, well…you might be late for work today!
- Enjoy the Visit – Most of us will visit our closet at least 3 times a day. Why not enjoy the experience? If your items are strewn about willy-nilly, wrinkled, hard to find, t-shirts hidden below sweaters, silk dresses on the floor – how enjoyable could it possibly be to visit your closet? But when you have everything in its proper place, visible and well cared for, I can guarantee you will smile when you visit your closet. And we can all use and extra smile or two every day.